About the Contest “#aHugFromHome”
In the framework of COVID-19, Art Shapers, in partnership with the Nigerian Youth Parliament, invites all children in the territory of Nigeria, or Nigerian residing abroad, to participate in the art contest #aHugFromHome, from the 1st of June, 2020, till the 30th of June, 2020.
This initiative aims to convey through art, a positive message of gratitude and hope to all the heroes who work and risk their lives at this time, to be at the service of society – Heroes such as Doctors, Nurses, Policemen, Street Sweepers, Journalists, Tradesmen, Cleaning Staff, Caretakers, Bakers, Farm Producers, Dairy Farmers, Public Transport Drivers, People who Deliver to, or Work in Supermarkets and Pharmacies, among others. Likewise, the project seeks to encourage and promote from a young age a humanitarian, caring, inclusive and peaceful culture.
- Children between ages 4 – 12 years.
- In Nigeria or of Nigerian decent living in the Diaspora
- Young Creatives, with a positive message of appreciation and hope to share with frontliners and the world.
- The Winners of this contest will be announced and displayed in the digital newspaper and on our social networks
- Certificates of Participation will be sent to winners
- Winners will feature on National and International media,
- Be part of the Art Shapers’ Talent Pool, to feature and be exhibited in our future events, globally
- To have contributed your own quota to the global fight against COVID-19 from home, through the power of arts.
Step 1: Choose any of the front line fields such as Doctors, Nurses, Policemen, Steet Sweepers, Journalists, Tradesmen, Cleaning Staff, Caretakers, Bakers, Farm Producers, Dairy Farmers, Public Transport Drivers, People who Deliver to, or Work in Supermarkets and Pharmacies, among others
Step 2: Create any work of Arts (Drawings, Paintings, etc), to appreciate, motivate, or encourage your chosen field.
Step 3: Fill out the Application Form, attach a Picture of your work of Art, and Submit your application.
Step 4: Follow us on our Social Media pages, for updates and further information, and visit our website on www.artshapers.com
For questions and inquiries, kindly send us a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application closes: 30th June, 2020
Submit your work at : https://bit.ly/aHugFromHome
- A jury team will select the top 10 works that convey a clear and positive message about the COVID19 heroes.
- Creativity and originality will be valued, as well as inclusiveness and equality language.
- All works that use inappropriate language will be disqualified.
- A maximum of 2 jobs per child are accepted.
*This activity is for nonprofit nor promotional purpose.